Free Degree Information:
Behavioral Science Degree
When researching potential college majors, you may have come across the behavioral science degree, but not know exactly what that covers. A behavioral science degree explores the effect of human actions and interaction. It is a bridge that connects the natural sciences with the social sciences. Many people who major in behavioral science go on to acquire social work positions or to become counselors. However, the business world is now also seeking behavioral science majors to help them find ways to beat the competition.
A behavioral science degree can take one of two discipline paths: the neural-decision sciences or the social-communication sciences. Each has a variety of degrees under each discipline. Among the degrees that fall under the neural-decision sciences discipline are:
- social psychology (the cause of human behavior and how we learn to interact with each other)
- cognitive theory (how groups use both language and actions to interact)
- psychobiology (understanding how thoughts and physiological problems affect each other)
- management science (how managers can efficiently operate in a work setting)
- social neuroscience (how our environment and education alter our brains)
- and ethology (analyzing human decision making).
The social-communication sciences discipline of a behavioral science degree includes:
- anthropology (the way cultures view their society and how their communities shape through communication and interaction)
- organizational behavior (how people in organizations connect and interact with each other)
- behavioral finance (how people react to market shifts and their how their feelings drive them to make purchases)
- social networks (how individuals are tied together through religion, family, an communities)
- memethics (how consumers create the demand for certain items over others)
- organizational ecology (how corporations and other organizations imitate processes such as evolution and natural selection)
Earning a behavioral science degree is a great way to understand humans and their social interactions.